Total Pageviews

Facebook like

Facebook

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Poet Delano Johnson recites a poem by Brian Crandall entitled : "Good Gone Rogue"

Poet Delano Johnson recites a poem by Brian Crandall entitled : "Good Gone Rogue"




"Good Gone Rogue" By Brian Crandall My Hands are up, please don't shoot! You see the fear in my eyes? My hands are up, but I didn't loot Are YOU the criminal in disguise? Jay-walking was my only crime In a hurry to cross the street Now I'm doin' prison time (After I was physically beat) My hands are up, please don't shoot! They got it all on video I'm a lover not a fighter That's why they call me Romeo You assume that I did wrong Which one of us is bad? I never even hurt nobody So why do you look so Mad? My hands are up, please don't shoot! I got a wife and kids Highlight on the evening news Freedom goes to the highest bid © brian crandall 08/2014 ----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­---------------------------- Poet Delano Johnson recites a poem by poet, Brian Crandall entitled : "Good Gone Rogue". A poem that demonstrates and artistically illustrates the scene of an innocent male being unjustly criminalized by the law enforcement. There are too many young African American unarmed males being gunned down by the police without reason. We must stop the killings! Here are some facts and insight from Brian Crandall that inspired his poem, "Good Gone Rogue". ----------------------------------------­­---------------------------------------­-­---------------------------- Brian Crandall: As far as 'background', everything I write, the idea is sparked from reading hateful, ignorant comments on Facebook news feeds. The only reason I write poetry, is to use it as a reply to somebody who has made a hateful comment about the homeless, the abused, victims of racial violence, and more. I got really tired of racist people saying, "Well, they should just stop committing crimes". These killings have been proven beyond a doubt to be motivated by racism, not crime. Facts: 2015 is the safest year for police officers in 20 years. Meanwhile, police killings of citizens are at a 40-year high. - Police are killed by more white people than black people - 200 fewer police died on the job under Barack Obama than under Ronald Reagan Even though the population has increased by 100 million, the rate of police killed has decreased http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter... You can follow and find more information about Brian Crandall @ Empathy Globally: Painful Portraits of People - in Poetry https://www.facebook.com/EmpathyGloba...

No comments:

Rare Images of Love Social